- I46 Transformer Micpre
- Very low noise, classical Microphone Input Amplifier with best sonic performance, high quality input transformer and filters for 4U frames
- The input of the micpre is balanced and floating and is equipped with a high-quality transformer. A stepped switch controls input gain and ranges from 0dB to 70dB. Below 22dB gain, the switch changes the pad, so that with every setting an optimal level is maintained. An infinitely variable fine fader with a range of ± 6 dB with a calibrated center detent sets the intermediate gain values. The maximum gain amounts to 76dB. The balanced and floating input has an input resistance from > 2kOhm and an input CMRR of at least 70 dB to 15 kHz.
- Special filter circuits that have no influence on the frequency and phase response of the amplifier are used to provide effective oppression of RF disturbances. The signal to noise ratio of this module puts it in the absolute top bracket of microphone amplifiers. Even with a very low gain setting of 40 dB the noise figure of the amplifiers remains below 2 dB.
- The switch P48 turns on the 48volt phantom supply. When activated the phase switch reverses the phase of the output.
- The switch FILT turns on the high-pass and low-pass filters. The high-pass filter has a slope of 24dB per octave and a range of <20Hz to 600Hz. The low-pass filter has a slope of 12dB per octave and ranges from >25kHz to 2kHz.
- A LED chain with 4 LED's indicates the output level. The output of the transformer micpre is electronically balanced or is implemented balanced and floating.
Balanced and floating output