Advanced Stereo Compressor-Expander for complex Dynamics Treatment with many additional Functions.
This very extensive stereo compressor expander has many additional features that allow complex dynamics treatment of stereo signals, high compression rates, and high loudness gain.
A mono versions of the stereo compressor expander, the U773, is also available. The mono and stereo versions offer the same features.
The advanced stereo compressor expander units offer an unprecedented level of control over all features and functions, and provide a set of high performance tools that will perform up to and beyond your highest expectations.
The U774 advanced stereo compressor expander has balanced inputs and outputs and is available in electronically balanced and transformer balanced versions. All inputs and outputs can process levels up to +30dBu. The feedforward regulation circuit of the device is VCA controlled and affords fast, linear operation. A symmetric circuit is used for the entire audio chain and the internal Headroom from input to output is +30dBu.
- Infinitely variable Ratio, Threshold, attack, release and Gain with wide ranges
- Precision gain reduction meter
- Precision RMS converters
- Adjustable Crest factor allow the unit to operate in peak or RMS mode or a combination of both
- Adjustable Envelope for better compressor management of bass frequencies especially when compressing full range signals
- Infinitely adjustable Knee mode that allows from very soft to very knee modes
- Automatic input and output gain control
- Selectable Auto-gain that offers smooth, accurate control of output gain
- Look ahead operation for very fast linear operation
- External side chain input and output
- Infinitely variable Threshold, Ratio, Attack and Release with wide ranges
- Separate, linear RMS converter
- 5 Segment meter
- Very smooth operation
Expander and compressor have independent control circuits. The regulation is controlled by the stereo channel with the higher momentary level.
The U774 advanced stereo compressor expander modules are standard, single slot V700 modules and fit into standard mounting frames.