Dynamics Processor with Compressor, Limiter, and Noise Gate with extensive additional Features
The U799 is a very luxuriously constructed analog, dynamic processor module that includes a noise-gate, a limiter and a compressor. This fully featured mono module offers an unprecedented level of control over all features and functions, and provides the engineer with a set of high performance tools that will perform up to and beyond his/her highest expectations.
The U799 dynamics processor was designed and built to the highest standards of electronic and mechanical engineering, and the only consideration we had during the development of this module was performance. High sonic performance to be exact; it has either transformer balanced and floating or electronically balanced inputs and outputs and all inputs and outputs can process levels up to +30dBu. The look-ahead regulation circuit of the device is VCA controlled and affords very fast, linear operation. A ninternally balanced circuit is used throughout the entire module, and the internal headroom from input to output is also +30dBu. The audio bandwidth of this module, exceeds the performance of 96kHz digital equipment.
This dynamic processor offers a very wide range of control that allows very subtle or aggressive tone sculpting with the highest degree of precision and accuracy. The compressor and limiter sections offer complete control over the dynamic behavior of a signal, the loudness can be substantially increased without affecting the signal structure harmfully. While the noise gate permits the precise removal of unwanted disturbances. The separate, ac/dc converters for compressor, limiter and expander/gate are tuned in their behavior for the peculiarities of their respective application. The feedforwar regulation circuits allow the fastest, linear characteristics to be realized.
Features of the Dynamic Processor:
- Infinitely variable Ratio, Threshold, attack, release and Gain with wide ranges
- Precision gain reduction meter
- Precision RMS converters
- Adjustable Crest factor allow to operate in peak or RMS mode or a combination of both
- Adjustable Envelope for better compressor management of bass
- frequencies especially when compressing full range signals
- Infinitely adjustable Knee mode that allows from very soft to very hard knee operation
- Automatic or manual make-up gain control
- Selectable Auto-gain that offers smooth, accurate control of output gain
- Look ahead operation for very fast linear operation
- External side chain input and output
- Infinitely variable threshold, attack and release with wide range
- Super fast attack
- Brick-wall operation that allows no over-shoot
- Look-ahead operation
- Activity meter
- Infinitely variable Threshold, Attack, Release and Hold with wide ranges
- High-pass, low-pass and band-pass side chain filters
- Separate, linear peak detector
- 3 Segment activity meter
- Very smooth operation
All dynamics processor sections operate independently and can be switched into or out of the audio chain individually.
The U799 dynamics processor is a standard, single slot V700 module and fits into standard mounting frames. The second set of input and output connectors normally used for stereo modules is used in this case for the compressor side-chain.