Compressor with Expander
The U793 stereo compressor expander dynamics modules offer well laid out, simple controls for fast and easy operation. Units of this type are used in the 5 MT-Broadcast, D and C mixer series. These sonically outstanding devices provide effective dynamic treatment for all types of program material. The main point of these dynamics is their universal usability and simple operation.
The stereo version of the compressor is the U793. Mono and stereo versions offer the same feature set.
The U792 dynamics has electronically balanced inputs and outputs. All inputs and outputs can process levels up to +30dBu. The feedforward regulation circuit of the device is VCA controlled for fast, linear operation. A balanced circuitry is used for the entire audio chain and the internal headroom from input to output is +30dBu.
- Infinitely variable Ratio, Threshold, Attack, and Release with wide ranges
- Precision RMS converters
- Selectable Auto-gain that offers smooth, accurate control of output gain
- Look ahead operation for very fast, linear operation
- 10 Segment LED precision, gain reduction meter with 30dB range for both compressor and expander
- Infinitely variable Threshold with wide range
- Separate, linear RMS converter
- Very linear operation
The curve of the expansion is implemented logarithmically. The farther the input level drops below the threshold, the more the ratio increases. This principle makes possible a soft application of the regulation with the same big efficiency concerning the oppression of disturbances. The attack is always short, and the operation of the release is program dependent.
The U792 compressor expander dynamics are standard, single slot V700 modules and fit into standard mounting frames.