- I77 RMS Compressor
- Compact version of the I95 RMS Compressor and Expander with Auto Gain for 3U Frames.
The I77 is an effective mono dynamics unit with simple operation that has proven itself in thousands of mixer channels over many years. Similar units are used in the channel strips of the 5MT-Broadcast, D series and C series consoles. The outstanding clarity and smoothness of this RMS dynamics unit endears it to all types of program material. And while this unit is quiet easy to operate it is full-featured, and sophisticated in its operation with an unbelievable transparency and linearity. The I77 is available with electronically balanced or transformer balanced inputs and outputs.
- The range of the threshold is from -30dB to 20dB. The range of the Ratio is from 1:1 (compressor inactive) to infinity (limit operation). These ranges cover all areas of application, from a soft peak reduction up to the limit operation. The Release range is from 100 ms up to 5 seconds. The Attack range is from 0.1ms up to 30ms. The gain makeup is handled by a very accurate and switch able auto gain that maintains a constant output level regardless of the other parameter settings within a 1dB range.
- The expander serves in essence for the oppression of disturbances that might be emphasized by compression. Only a Threshold fader serves the expander of the I77. The curve of the expansion is implemented logarithmically. The farther the input level drops under the Threshold, the more the Ratio increases. This principle makes possible a soft application of the regulation with at the same moment big efficiency concerning the oppression of disturbances. The attack is always short; the release is changed depending on program. The switch EXP-ON turns on the expander.
- The display of the gain reduction takes place together for compressor and expander by a light-emitting diode chain with 8 light-emitting diodes with a range up to 20dB.
- The I77 compact RMS compressor unit fits into a 3U high INTEGRATOR mounting frame. A 4U, stereo version of this device is available under the designation I96. The device is available under the type designation I95 for installation in a 4U high mounting frame..
- Balanced and floating inputs and output