- I96 Stereo Compressor Expander
- Stereo version of a Dynamics Unit for 4U Frames.
The I96 is an effective stereo compressor and expander unit with simple operation that has proven itself in thousands of mixer channels over many years. Similar units are used in the channel strip of the 5MT-Broadcast, D series and C series consoles. The outstanding clarity and smoothness of this stereo dynamic unit endears it to all types of program material. And while this unit is quiet easy to operate it is full-featured, and sophisticated in its operation with an unbelievable transparency and linearity. The I96 is available with electronically balanced or transformer balanced inputs and outputs.
- The range of the threshold is from -30dB to 20dB. The range of the Ratio is from 1:1 (compressor inactive) to infinity (limit operation). These ranges cover all areas of application, from a soft peak reduction up to the limit operation. The Release range is from 100 ms up to 5 seconds. The Attack range is from 0.1ms up to 30ms. The gain makeup is handled by a very accurate and switch able auto gain that maintains a constant output level of the stereo dynamics unit regardless of the other parameter settings within a 1dB range.
- The expander serves in essence for the oppression of disturbances that might be emphasized by compression. Only a Threshold fader serves the expander of the I95. The curve of the expansion is implemented logarithmically. The farther the input level drops under the Threshold, the more the Ratio increases. This principle makes possible a soft application of the regulation with at the same moment big efficiency concerning the oppression of disturbances. The attack is always short; the release is changed depending on program. The switch EXP-ON turns on the expander.
- The I96 fits into a 4U high INTEGRATOR mounting frame. A mono version of these devices available under the designation I95. The mono device is available under the type designation I77 for installation in a 3U high mounting frame.
- Balanced and floating inputs and output