- I26 Playback - Talkback Device
- The I26 combines all necessary functions for studio headphone and speakers and includes a complete talkback section. Suited for 4U Integrator frames
- The Playback - Talkback device is equipped with volume and balance control, a remoteable DIM circuit, phase flip switch that changes the phase of the right channel, MONO switch, PFL, Headphone output and volume control and separate cut controls for the studio speakers and headphones.
- The inputs of the I26 are electronically balanced and are medium impedance for a level of + 6dBu. The inputs are usually connected with the output of a control room select module I21 or I64. Naturally, connection to any arbitrary source is possible.
- The DIM circuit is internally adjustable by a trim pot between 6 and 24dB. The release can take place by either the DIM key or by a control signal. An opto coupler also electrically isolates this signal; the control signal operates within the range of between 9 volts to approx. 30 volts.
- The PHASE switch flips the phase in the right channel. The MNO switch converts the signal to mono by use of an internal matrix that can be set to 3 dB or 6 dB mode by an internal jumper. The BAL control makes it possible to correct the center of the speaker system. The characteristic of the pot is optimized for a pure direction control without affecting the total loudness. In the L and R positions of this control the opposite channels are muted. The rotary volume control is selected for minimum ganging error.
- The level of the playback headphone amplifier is also controlled by the main volume control. The additional offset control makes it possible to adjust a matching volume of speakers and headphones. The headphone amplifier is able to drive up to 5 headphones. The output is additional connected to XLR connectors. The only limitation is, that all the attached headphones should have the same impedance. Besides the separate cut switches for speakers and phones, there is a remote input for the cut of the speakers.
- The talkback system has a build in condenser mic and a microphone preamplifier. A trim pot on the top plate can adjust the gain of the preamp. The T/H switch determines the operation mode of the talkback switch. In the H position the switch latches. A control input for remote switches is available. If released, the talkback is mixed to the audio signal. The audio signal is attenuated by 12 dB and a pot with a range of 0 to -30 dB controls the level of the talkback. In addition there is a separate balanced talkback output. The output can be set by internal jumpers to be switched by the talkback control or to be always on. An external talkback audio signal can be used instead of the internal microphone. A switch determines if the internal mic, the external source or both of them are used for the talkback.
- The playback - talkback device fits into slot 9 of any 4U high frame or into every slot of the 4U high /E frame with extended wiring.